Growing up my Mom always took Shelby and I to festivals during the summer. What’s not to love? Free entertainment, people watching, and for us, growing up in Littleton, a break from the suburbs. Now we are lucky enough to be down the street from most of these festivals and a short drive from others. Here are our top festival suggestions for the Denver area for the summer:
- Cherry Creek Art Festival July 2nd-4th. We go to this every year. Partly because its nostalgic but also because its worth it. Artists from across American gather in Cherry Creek and there is live music, food, and art creation tent for kids. You can spend an hour or a whole day and its worth it.
- Denver Chalk Art Festiva June 4th-5th- There are some amazing chalk creations on Larimer Square. Professionals create amazing feats and you can also grab chalk and make your own work of art.
- Greek Festival June 17th-19th. This is my favorite festival because THE FOOD! I love that the Greek community puts on this festival every year and it feels like you got invited by someone on the inside. You can eat Baklava to your hearts delight and enjoy greek dancing, food, and music.
- Black Arts Festival July 8th-10th- Another festival we have been going to since we were kids. African dancing,drumming, and local bands perform. Sadly, the attendance levels have fallen, we were bummed more people from the neighborhood didn’t come. This is right down the street in City Park so be sure to attend and represent!
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival runs June 3rd-August 7th Actors from across American perform under a starry sky in the Boulder campus outdoor theatre. If you want to be transported and enjoy theatre in a romantic and whimsical setting, checkout their season asap. Popular shows sellout quickly. Also, there is not a bad seat in the house.
Any suggestions that we missed!? We can’t wait for summer in Colorado.