When I went to college in Boston I would walk around Beacon Hill and admire the old brick brownstones with the bold doors in reds, blues, or other beautiful hues. I swore that one day, when I owned a home, I would have a bold door.
I originally wanted to paint the door red but our brick already has a red hue. After choosing about 20 paint sample around the same color Marcos and I decided on Cobalt blue. The blue hue, in Feng Shue, promotes prosperity, creativity, and community when you enter. I completed the project in a few hours and I love the results. Our neighbors loved it so much they decided to paint their door too!
Here is how you paint your front door:
- Look on Pinterest obsessively for front door color inspiration 😉
- Choose a paint color
- Remove the locks and knobs.
- Tape around the windows on the door if you have them
- Clean the door and use a palm sander to roughen the flat surfaces of existing paint
- Wipe the entire door clean with a dry rag to remove dust
- Roll paint on the flat surface. The paint guy at home depot said that primer isn’t as necessary these days because a lot of paint has the primer in it
- Use a small roller to apply a consistent paint application. Use a brush in the crevices. You may want to do two coats of paint.
- When the paint is dry, re-attach the hardware.