We have been feeling pretty festive over here and I thought I would share five fun and easy holiday outings to do in Denver with family and friends this holiday season.
- Brown Palace Tea-At this point you will have to sign up for next year or call for cancellations because they fill up fast! This historic hotel makes you feel like you are living in Downton Abbey and warm and fuzzy inside.The Brown Palace also has a bar. You can skip the tea and just enjoy a cocktail and the holiday decor. If you cannot get tea reservations at the Brown Palace try Castle Marne. Its charming, lovely, and they offer a Christmas tea in a mansion about five minutes away from the Brown Palace.
- The Nutcracker:This past Sunday we took our Mom to see the Nutcracker. It’s like taking a shot of holiday cheer–for some.
- Rhein Haus has chandeliers and fireplace imported from Austria. The Beer Hall has a huge fire place, festival garland, white lights, sausage and beer. Perfect place to get a seasonal cocktail and relax after shopping.
- Go see classic Christmas movies like ELF, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone and Love Actually! The Alamo Draft House is having parties where you watch these classics with other fans. We went to the ELF Party and we ended up ringing bells, tossing snowballs, watching syrup and pasta competitions and quoting our favorite lines.
- Blossoms of Light at the Botanic Gardens is beautiful. The garden is strung with light arrangements and its less of a scene and commitment than the zoo. You can get in and out in 30 minutes if you want and stroll around drinking hot cider as you admire the lights. I would recommend going on a weekday evening.